Sunday, August 24, 2014

Steampunk Feature: Chanchala

https://www.etsy.com/listing/190356297/steampunk-bee-pin-bee-brooch-bee-pin?In a new program I'm starting for The Steampunk Review, you could win the chance to have your shop featured on my blog!  It's simple, all you have to do is follow me on twitter: @TrevorSSchmidt to submit for your chance to be featured here!

Today's feature: Chanchala, is a shop out of Brighton, UK that creates Steampunk Jewelry, pins, and creatures.  According to her website, 'Chanchala' means 'ever-changing.'  Here are links to her Etsy, Website, Twitter, and Facebook.

I love the bee pin (at right).  It's sold for $39.15 on Etsy and his name is Eric.  Each one has unique watch movement, which I'm a big fan of.

About her shop, Chanchala says, "Most of my pieces incorporate found objects which are old and unwanted. My line of Steampunk jewellery began with a pile of old watch and clock parts which got caught in the 2004 Tsunami, courtesy of my Dad. He owns a shop in southern Sri Lanka which was badly damaged. There is so much joy in turning such a tragedy into beautiful pieces of history"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/182319723/steampunk-fox-pin-fox-brooch-watch?
 I'm also a fan of this Fox Pin, sold for $35.74.

Be sure to check out Chanchala's wares and follow me on my Twitter for your chance to be featured right here on The Steampunk Review!

No comments:

Post a Comment