Sunday, February 6, 2011

Steampunk Style and Jewelry by Jean Campbell

I found this book while working at a Barnes and Noble near Portland, OR. During my shift I paged through it and eventually decided to buy it. There are tutorials inside for making several pieces of jewelry and near the beginning there are tutorials for general jewelry making techniques (something that, as a beginner, I found quite helpful). It was this book that schooled me on the ins and outs of what constituted Steampunk style, as my earlier endeavors never passed the level of Victorian in nature.

I can't recommend this book enough to the beginning jewelry maker or to anyone who is new to Steampunk. The introduction also includes a history of Steampunk itself. One of the coolest things for me was seeing the exact ring (Catherinette Rings - Seraphinite) on a full-page display in the book. I was in the bookstore wearing that ring when I first saw the book. I had no choice...the book would be mine. I encourage you to click the picture and make it yours as well!

Trevor's rating of Steampunk Style and Jewelry: 96%

No comments:

Post a Comment