Saturday, February 5, 2011

Catherinette Rings Review

I was shopping on Etsy one day and came across Daniel Proulx's steampunk rings. He runs the company Catherinette Rings out of Montreal with his wife, who is a fashion designer. I ended up buying the Seraphinite Ring because I recognized it as the one Allison Scagliotti wore on Warehouse 13.



I received the ring in less than a week, which was surprising since it came all the way from Canada. The ring was beautiful and has held up well despite continuous wear and rough handling. There are dozens of ring designs on his Etsy as well as Steampunk Sculptures of a scorpion, spiders, and many other clock-part-driven designs.

The design of the Seraphinite Ring actually inspired me to start making my own Steampunk jewelry, though I'm still trying to learn wire-wrapping. The results of my tinkering can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/trevorschmidt

And here is a link to Catherinette Rings: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CatherinetteRings

All in all, I highly recommend Mr. Proulx's products and plan to buy from him again in the near future!


Trevor's rating of Catherinette Rings: 97%

No comments:

Post a Comment