Monday, February 7, 2011

Professor Alexander's Botanical Vasculum

Brilliant! I love browsing through etsy under the geekery heading just for this reason. You never know what you're going to find. This is actually a working terrarium. My geekometer is going off. The best part of shopping on etsy is the wonderful "histories" of the products. This is the seller's description:

"Whilst traveling in my handcrafted time traveler, I happened upon the laboratory of Professor Alexander, a somewhat unheralded Victorian botanist. I managed to take in trade this extremely rare instrument of study used primarily in the observation of moss-like varieties contained in an controlled environment."

Another great feature of this product is that the LED light creates a steampunk shadow pattern on the wall when lit. This belongs in a Victorian-era laboratory, or in my bedroom so I can play with it. I really want to play with it...


http://www.etsy.com/listing/35420458/professor-alexanders-botanical-vasculum?ref=sr_list_3&ga_search_query=steampunk&ga_filter=&ga_noautofacet=1

Trevor's Rating of Professor Alexander's Botanical Vasculum: 96%

No comments:

Post a Comment