Friday, January 30, 2015

Is It Steampunk? Week 2: Steampunk Spats by J Souza

It's that time again!  Time for my new favorite game: Is It Steampunk?  For the newcomers, here are the rules.  I'm going to post a picture of an item I've found online.  This item must really be for sale and really be listed as a "Steampunk" product.  Then, I leave it up to you, my readers, to decide whether this product really is "Stone Cold Steam," or if it's dried up like the "Sahara Desert."  So, without further ado, I give you week two of Is It Steampunk?

These boots are billed as "Steampunk Spats - Unique - Sexy, Rustic-Feminine by J Souza." These were created by Etsy User JoelmaSouza.

At first glance they appear to be a set of heels with clock parts sewn or glued to them.  If those were your first thoughts, you'd be right!  For $198, this might be a project you want to take on yourself rather than shelling out the dough.  But one question remains: Is It Steampunk???

Please use the check-boxes below to vote.  Click "Stone Cold Steam" if you believe it's Steampunk, or "Sahara Desert" if you think it's a Steampunk imitator.  Next Friday I'll edit the post and put my take into it.

3 comments:

  1. Looking at them has caused the following song to stick in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I love that song, it's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see these in almost a space-pirate theme.

    ReplyDelete