Monday, September 8, 2014

Steampunk Swashbuckler Eye Patch

https://www.etsy.com/listing/157546667/scarlet-steampunk-swashbuckler-eye-patch?ref=sr_gallery_36&ga_search_query=steampunk&ga_page=9&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
I've detailed Steampunk eye patches before on this blog, but none as swashbuckling-ly good as this one.  A product of TheOddCog, this baby has bling, faux leather, and an attitude that says, "I'm going to kick your ass and look good doing it."  The Odd Cog is out of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, which makes me wish I lived on the East Coast.

From the seller:
"Ahoy wayfarers! Survey this unique eye patch, featuring red faux leather, glass jewel ornament as well as copper chain and gear detail. Perfect for costuming or simply turning heads wherever you stride, this piece is a must-have for swashbucklers at heart or practice. Chain band measures approximately 23" at furthest length can can be adjusted to smaller sizes."

It's times like this I wish I needed to wear an eye patch...Yeah, I can't back that up.  For a costume piece this is a great deal at $40 and would serve as a centerpiece to your outfit. 

Sound off in the comments, would you wear this piece to a convention?  I'm kind of interested in the sword myself, but then I like sharp objects. 

Trevor's Rating of the Swashbuckler Eye Patch: 95% (For a piece that reminds me of Star Dust or one of my other favorite Steampunk outings).

Photographer: Stu Cloninger/ Grass Hut Studios
Model/MUA/Stylist: La Maupin

No comments:

Post a Comment