Friday, August 9, 2013

More Adventures from Comic-Con 2013!

Steampunk Link and Zelda

Comic-Con 2013 has come and passed, but my memories of it live on!  Here are two more pictures from Comic-Con.  The first features a Steampunk Link and Zelda cosplayed by two very nice people.  We were standing in line waiting for the HIMYM and Syfy panels near each other and I talked to the girl cosplaying Zelda for a bit.  Her friend made their costumes, but the guy insisted it be known that he made his boots by himself.  The costumes were really well done and were not something I had seen done before, so props to them!

I found one more picture from the League of S.T.E.A.M. booth, where this Steampunk enthusiast used his handy (no pun intended) device to hand out flyers for their webshow and performing group.  It was great to see them live and in character after having watched their webshow.  If I ever get a chance I'll definitely check out one of their live performances.  Unfortunately for me, they're based near L.A., so the chances of me seeing them live is about the same as my chances for getting into another Comic-Con.  (I was hovering over my keyboard at 9:00:00 and was number #40,000 out of 130,000 when I clicked exactly on the hour.  It was a stroke of luck that got my brother and myself 4 day passes).  Comic-Con is definitely something every geek and nerd of any fandom should experience at least once.  There are booths and exhibits dedicated to Steampunk, Comics, Anime, TV, Video Games, Films, and just about anything else you can think of.
Another Goldie from the League of S.T.E.A.M.

This year, however, was the most crowded year ever.  I might try going to a less crowded Con in the future, solely because Comic-Con has just about outgrown the San Diego Convention Center.  However, if you enjoy waking up at 4 AM and getting in line for Hall H before 5AM, only to be in the very back of the room because thousands of people camped out overnight, be my guest.  It was certainly an experience I will always cherish and never forget; but, it isn't likely I'll go again.  I might try a small Steampunk convention next time.  I think Steampunk as a genre isn't meant to be on the scale of Comic-Con.  What do you think?  Is Steampunk meant to remain niche and tightly knit?  Or, should it spread its wings and cross over even more into the mainstream than it already is?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the information, this is a great collection of branded and stylish watches. I am also dealing in designer and branded watches like fake chopard

    ReplyDelete