Sunday, December 22, 2013

Steampunk Lightsaber Review

Steampunk LightsaberI couldn't pass this one up.  The Etsy vendor SynnSilver has created a work of art in his rendition of the classic lightsaber, with a steampunk twist.  The vendor is a Special FX artist, which explains the craftsmanship in the design.

Unfortunately, according to the vendor, it will not kill clones or toast your bread as you slice it.  Therefore, my rating of this product will reflect that inadequacy...

I think this would be a great cosplay item for conventions.  While at Comic-Con 2013 I saw several handmade lightsaber hilts, and this one ranks up there with some of the best.  If anyone has made one of their own, I'd love to see it!  Please post a link to a picture in the comments and I'll feature it in my next post.

Trevor's Rating of the Steampunk Lightsaber: 80% (For a good effort that would look good in cosplay, but one that will not kill clones...wtf?).

1 comment:

  1. Fun review. But I think this Light Saber is safer the way it is. Cut your slices with the kitchen knife mate, your being too harsh. LOL

    ReplyDelete